Tami Charles is the New York Times bestselling author of All Because You Matter, and numerous books for children and young adults. Her middle grade debut, Like Vanessa, earned Top 10 spots on the Indies Introduce and Spring Kids' Next lists, three starred reviews, and a Junior Library Guild selection. Her latest titles include YA novel-in-verse, Muted, a Buzzfeed Top 40 pick, and the follow up to All Because You Matter, We Are Here, spotlighted in the New York Times Book Review, an Amazon Editor's Choice, and featured on CBS Mornings. When Tami isn't writing, she can be found presenting at schools both stateside and abroad.
* I attended Newark Public Schools, where my mother was a teacher, vice-principal, and eventually principal at my elementary school. Talk about TORTURE! (but I survived)
* Once upon a time, I was in an all-girl R&B singing group. We performed on BET, for the Apollo summer showcase, and had a song on the radio that played at like 2 in the morning when everyone was sleeping. We didn't make it to the grand stage, but those were the times of my life!
* Traveling (looking to add Italy to the list soon)
* Empanadas = life. If you don't like them, we can't be friends.
* I love anything written by Kwame Alexander, Jacqueline Woodson, Rita Williams-Garcia, Edwidge Danticat, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, Guadalupe Garcia McCall, and Meg Medina. Swoon!!!
* Spiders, Cave Crickets, Raw Onions (destroy them ALL!)
Copyright © 2023 Tami Charles, Writer - All Rights Reserved.