#LikeVanessa heads to the United Arab Emirates! Three presentations, lots of enthusiastic young readers!
I was honored to be the Keynote Speaker for NJSCBWI, where I also presented my workshop: Channel Your Inner Nonfiction Nerd.
Cool feature on this podcast, chatting up books and authenticity. Check it out here.
I'm happy to share that I've been selected to write a middle grade biography of Serena Williams, the G.O.A.T., publishing with Sterling in spring, 2020!
I appeared on Good Day Philadelphia to help promote the annual African American Children's Book Fair in Philadelphia. Check out the interview here.
Super thrilled that my friend, Karyn Parsons, star of the iconic TV show, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and Founder of Sweet Blackberry, hosted my book launch!
* February 2: African American Children's Book Fair, Philadelphia, PA
* February 5: Author visit, Henry Inman Library, Colonia, NJ
* February 7: School visit, Scotch Plains, NJ
* February 16: Local Author's Day, Barnes & Noble, Edison, NJ
* February 23: Book signing, Barnes & Noble, Clark, NJ
* March 8: School visit, Hillside, NJ
*March 17: Book signing, 12 p.m., Little City Books, Hoboken, NJ
* March 19: School visit, Middletown, NY
* April 5: School visit, Chicago, IL
* April 6: Chicago YA Fest, Chicago, IL
* May 7: School visit, Summit, NJ
* May 10: School visit, Baltimore, MD
* May 11: African American Children's Book Fair, Baltimore, MD
* May 21: School visit, Newark, NJ
* May 29-31: Book Expo America, New York, NY
*June 2: Book Con, New York, NY
* June 8: MAPSO Book Festival, Maplewood, NJ
* June 22-23: American Library Association Conference, Washington, DC
* October 30: School visit, Newington, CT
Copyright © 2019 Tami Charles, Writer - All Rights Reserved.