* January 19: Facebook Live at 7:30 pm EST with Dr. Sonja Cherry-Paul, TCRWP, and Candlewick Classroom
* January 22: School visit, Monroe Township Schools
* January 23: In Conversation with Sharon G. Flake, Astoria Bookshop, 2 pm
* January 28: The Morning Blend, talk show, 9:40 am EST
* February 2: Muted launch with actress Karyn Parsons at Book People at 6pm Central time! Register here.
* February 3: Muted YA Versus Battle with author, Lamar Giles at Books Are Magic! at 7 pm EST. Register here.
* February 4: Muted In Conversation with CNN & Sirius XM's Laura Coates at Loyalty Bookshop, 6 pm EST. Watch live here.
* February 6: African American Children's Book Fair. Register here.
* February 20: SCBWI Winter Conference Keynote
* March 8: Muted No More panel, iReadYA. Watch live here.
March 24: 94.1 FM, Conversations with Cyrus, Jackson, Mississippi
March 29: WGVU Radio, Morning Show, Grand Rapids, Michigan
March 30: Detroit Lions Education Interview
April 16: Writers' Voices Podcast
April 21: Scholastic Book Club
April 26: Scholastic Reads Podcast
May 6: The Good Story Podcast
May 18: Haitian Flag Day school visit
May 21: Virtual school visit, Connecticut
June 13: Bronx Book Festival
August 19: Wine & Words Podcast
#LikeVanessa heads to the United Arab Emirates! Three presentations, lots of enthusiastic young readers!
School visits are by far the BEST part of the job! Here's a snapshot of my visit to Harrisonburg Public Schools, for their "The World is My Classroom" initiative.
Cool feature on this podcast, chatting up books and authenticity. Check it out here.
I'm happy to share that I've been selected to write a middle grade biography of Serena Williams, the G.O.A.T., publishing with Sterling in August, 2020!
I appeared on Good Day Philadelphia to talk about Freedom Soup. Check out the segment here.
Super thrilled that my friend, Karyn Parsons, star of the iconic TV show, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and Founder of Sweet Blackberry, hosted my book launch!
Copyright © 2021 Tami Charles, Writer - All Rights Reserved.